?Παράταση Προθεσμίας!!! Νέα καταληκτική ημερομηνία υποβολής 15/04/2019
?Deadline extension!!! Νew closing date for submission 15/04/2019
The social sciences use of networks as a research tool spans in a wide variety of fields. The focus of the international literature has shifted to innovation and R&D networks in several levels of analysis, such as regional, national, sectoral. Independently of the level of analysis, a new strand of research is the use of networks as a tool for design and implementation of policy. In this strand we would like to turn our attention in the 1st
“Innovation and R&D Networks for Policy Design and Implementation” workshop.
In doing so, we focus on three closely related research strands:
a. the role of the dynamic aspect of networks in the formation of innovation systems in regional, national and international levels,
b. reassessing the link between networks as institutions and the formation of regional, national and international policies and
c. the impact of innovation policy in the fields of,#economics and #business_administration.
The purpose of this workshop is to allow to PhD students, early career researchers, academics and practitioners to discuss and exchange ideas on fields related to R&D collaboration and innovation networks, and system building and the implication of their research in policy making. The first objective of this workshop is to contribute to the methodological research on the network dynamics. We would like to understand how the structure of innovation networks evolves through time and how it affects the innovation system formation. The second objective is to link the existing and on-going research with the economic position of the firms and institutes participating in innovation systems, and further to shed some light to the institutional and policy implications of the economic activity in a region or country.
We welcome presentations in the following indicative research fields:
– #Innovation_networks as a tool for innovation policy design
– #Network_dynamics and system resilience.
– #Knowledge_transfer in existing networks and new innovation #network_formation.
– #Knowledge_transfer and #innovation_policy_design and #implementation.
– #Network_positioning, #entrepreneurship, and #economic_performance.
– #Institutions and #collaborations through #alliances_portfolios
– #Innovation_policy in developed and developing economies
– #Sustainability_transitions and innovation in #renewable_energy_technologies.
– #Economics and #business in #regional, #national and #international_contexts.
Further topics related to these issues are highly welcome as well.
Abstracts of 400 words maximum should be sent to Dr. Athanasios Kazanas, firstname.lastname@example.org , by 1st of April 2019. Successful candidates will be notified until the 15th of April 2019.
There will be two plenary talks held by Ron Boschma, Professor in Regional Economics, University of Utrecht, and Professor in Innovation Studies, University of Stavanger, and by Slavo Radošević, Professor of Industry and Innovation Studies, University College London.
Abstract submission deadline: 1st of April 2019
Notification of admission: 15th of April 2019
Workshop: 27th – 28th of May 2019
The participation fee will be 100€. Participants should cover their own travel and accommodation expenses. There will be no fee of the PhD students of the Department of Economics of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
• Grigoris Zarotiadis, Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
• Nikos C. Varsakelis, Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
• Ioannis E. Antoniou, Professor, Department of Statistics and Operational Research, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
• Athanasios Kazanas, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
• #Vaggelis_Bachar_Moussa, Coordinator of Black Sea and Eastern Mediterranean Academic Network (#BSEMAN), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
• Maria Tsouri, Postdoctoral Researcher, Centre for Technology, Innovation, and Culture (TIK), University of Oslo, Norway
The Organizing Committee
Athanasios Kazanas, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
#Vaggelis_Bachar_Moussa, Coordinator of Black Sea and Eastern Mediterranean Academic Network (#BSEMAN), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Maria Tsouri, Postdoctoral Researcher, Centre for Technology, Innovation, and Culture (TIK), University of Oslo, Norway